WHAT IS MODULAR DESIGN ?
Modular design or modularity in design is a design principle that subdivides a system into smaller parts called modules, which can be independently created, modified, replaced, or exchanged with other modules or between different systems.
Modular design is a set of elements or product or items that can be tailored to arrange flexible workspaces. It can be designed in any way that you may like and can be assembled and disassembled as per needs.
Modular design is implemented in furniture, architecture, mass production in business, LEGO toys etc.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MODULAR DESIGN ?
- SAVE SPACE- it takes less space to store modular design products as it can be stacked to one another very easily.
- SAVE TIME- ittakes less time to setup and manufacture as well.
- MAINTAIN DISCIPLINE AND ORDER– it helps to follow same theme like format, colour, composition, function and so on.
- SIMPLIFY SPACE- it simplifies space by creating multifunctional approach design with less complexity.
- INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY- as it can be used for multifunctional purpose, it boost productivity.
- HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE- as it is highly flexible it can pivot to any direction and also can be removed at ease with very less effort.
- HELPS TO CREATE CREATIVE SPACE AND SMART DESIGN- itmakes the design very creative and unique giving identity to the space.
- COST EFFECTIVE- The time it takes to manufacture modular design is less and it can be quickly assembled leading to lower labor costs. This is the reason behind the affordable nature of modular design, making it suitable for companies with varying budgets.
- SCALABLE- It helps to sort out very large projects at ease by making it scalable as well as to calculate the cost of it very easily.
The application of Modular design is very dynamic. Modular design make spaces unique and iconic by providing users a grid of reference to assemble and disassemble product at ease in elegant order to increase productivity and flexibility of space and also to save time, space and money.\
Blog Written by – Ar. Dipjyoti Mech